Coming to the Hospital
Visiting Hours at Cornwall Hospital
An open visiting policy is in place at Cornwall Community
Hospital. This means there are no hours of restriction, allowing visitors at
any time in accordance with the patient’s preference.
Things to consider when visiting a patient at Cornwall Hospital:
- Please stay home if you are feeling unwell.
- The number of people welcomed at the bedside is determined in collaboration with the patient, family, and health care team.
- To ensure safety, considerations must be given to the physical limitations of space. As an example, only one guest per admitted patient in the Emergency Department can be accommodated.
- Children under the age of 13 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Staff members may ask a visitor to speak at a lower volume or leave if they are failing to comply with appropriate standards of behaviour and rules of the hospital.
- To respect the privacy and personal information of our staff, physicians and patients, taking photographs and video or audio recording in the hospital is prohibited.
- The hospital is a smoke-free property. This means, for the wellbeing of other visitors as well as our staff, physicians and patients, smoking on hospital property is forbidden. Should you wish to smoke, we ask that you leave the property and smoke on the sidewalk.
Where should I enter the hospital?
Between the overnight hours of 8:00 pm and 6:00 am, visitors are asked to come through the Emergency Department Entrance, which is located on the north side of the building, and to check-in with security personnel before proceeding for their visit.
Between the daytime hours of 6:00 am and 8:00 pm, visitors may enter the hospital through the Main Entrance, which is located on the south side of the building. Visitors may also enter through the Emergency Department Entrance during daytime hours.
You will see hand sanitizer stations set up at each of our entrances. Please stop to sanitize your hands when entering the hospital.
Please click here for more information on parking and accessing hospital entrance points.
Are there any COVID-19 RULES OR restrictions for visitors?
- For the protection of our vulnerable patient population, we would ask that you please conduct a self-assessment for COVID-19 symptoms before coming to visit a loved one and stay home if you are feeling unwell. More information on COVID-19 symptoms can be found here.
- A medical mask must be worn at all times when visiting at the bedside and in the Emergency Department. You will be reminded to wear a mask by a staff member if you do not do so.
- During a COVID-19 outbreak, visitation to the unit is restricted to exceptional circumstances only. Those permitted to visit must check in at the nursing station and wear a mask and other required personal protective equipment at all times. Click here to view current COVID-19 outbreaks at Cornwall Community Hospital.
At this time, proof of vaccination is no longer required and appointments are no longer being scheduled to visit with loved ones.