Why Choose CCH?
We are leading innovative healthcare transformation in Eastern Ontairo.
Cornwall Community Hospital (CCH) provides full-service acute care and community services to a culturally diverse region of more than 110,000 people in Eastern Ontario, including the City of Cornwall, Stormont, Dundas, Glengarry, and the Mohawk community of Akwesasne.
Having undergone a major redevelopment project in 2014, CCH boasts a modern and state-of-the-art facility, housing 185 beds and employing more than 1,300 staff and 180 physicians. CCH is also an affiliated teaching hospital of the University of Ottawa, St. Lawrence College, Queen's University and other educational institutions, welcoming more than 200 students and medical learners every year.
Our committed and diverse healthcare teams collaborate to provide exceptional people-centered care, guided by our ICARE values of Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Engagement. We pride ourselves on a collaborative and compassionate environment and approach to care that is equitable and empowering for those it serves.
- A comprehensive, modern, and competitive compensation.
- A culture of belonging.
- Our ICARE values of Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Engagement.
- A focus on wellbeing and appreciation.
- Skills training and professional development opportunities.
- Hiring incentives.
- Medical recruitment and scholarship programs available through the City of Cornwall for doctors.
- A state-of-the-art and modern facility.
- A state-of-the-art Electronic Health Record system.
- Innovation in community healthcare.
- The benefits of being located in the City of Cornwall, one of the most affordable places to live in Canada with a unique location along the St. Lawrence River near Ottawa, Montreal and New York State (see more about Cornwall below).
Photo sourced from the Cornwall Tourism website.
Cornwall offers big city amenities with small town affordability, hospitality, and the convenience of being surrounded by both country and cultural escapes.
The City of Cornwall has a unique geographic location at the convergence of the Ontario, Québec and New York State borders. Situated along the St. Lawrence River and Highway 401, Cornwall is well serviced by road and railway transportation and is only an hour's drive from Montreal and Ottawa, or a 4-hour train ride to Toronto.
Cornwall is one of the largest cities in Eastern Ontario with a diverse population of approximately 47,000 people. It is one of the oldest settlements in Canada, yet today boasts a modern economy led by forward-thinking companies and organizations. The City's location on the St. Lawrence River and its numerous parks and recreational facilities make Cornwall an excellent place to work, live or raise a family.
Cornwall is one of the most affordable places to live in Canada. In 2021, Cornwall was ranked the 4th Cheapest City to Live in Canada by University Magazine. In 2023, Cornwall was ranked as the 4th most affordable city to live in Canada by Nesto Mortgage Experts! Learn more about Cornwall:
- Visit the Choose Cornwall website here.
- Visit the City of Cornwall website here.
- Visit the Cornwall Tourism website here.
Learn more about Cornwall Community Hospital:
- Click here to view the hospital’s 2022-2027 Strategic Plan, Leading Innovative Transformation.
- Click here to view the hospital’s 2022-2023 Annual Report, Road to Recovery.
- Click here to view the hospital’s Professional Practice Model.
Stay Connected with Cornwall Community Hospital on Social Media:
CCH Staff Celebrate National Nursing Week 2022:
CCH Psychiatry and Physician Recruitment Video: